I am a chocolate lover. I came across this recipe while scrolling through Instagram and was pleasantly surprised by the results. When I first kick started my healthy eating journey by completing the Whole 30 challenge, I was on the search for clean desserts that used natural sources of sugar but still had a decadent and moist texture. Hello zucchini brownies! Every ingredient in this recipe has nutritional benefits and you can indulge without feeling guilty or bloated afterwards.
- 1 cup organic almond butter
- 1 1/2 cup organic zucchini (peeled and finely grated)
- 1/3 cup organic maple syrup
- 1/3 cup organic raw cacao powder
- 1/3 cup organic applesauce
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon organic vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegan/gf chocolate chips (Enjoy Life brand)
- Peel and grate the zucchini.
- Put all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and stir until well combined. (If using a flax egg, prepare it separately with 1 tablespoons of ground flax + 3 tablespoons of water).
- Pour into an 8 x 8 glass baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 – 35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe will make approximately (16) brownies.
If you try this recipe, be sure to tag me @_alifit_ and has tag #fitbygracewellbyfaith
This recipe was adapted from The Healthy Family and Home